It is important to obtain, use and store information about you, your general and your dental health in order to provide dental care efficiently and reduce the risk of injury or other damage to your health. This personal data includes:
• Personal details such as your name, age, address, telephone numbers, email address
• Your doctor and relevant Medical Consultant(s)
• Your medical and dental history
• X-rays, clinical photographs and study models
• Information about proposed treatment, options, consent to treatment, treatment provided and its cost
• Notes of conversations or incidents that might occur for which a record needs to be kept
• Any correspondence with other healthcare professionals relating to you including agreed referrals to other healthcare professionals
Your personal information is stored on computer. This practice is registered with the Data Protection Commissioner. Your personal data is retained in your manual record.
We will regularly update your personal data, including your medical care, to keep it relevant. We ask that you please inform us of any significant changes, such as a change of address or other contact details, at your earliest convenience. It is important to know that the collection, use or possible disclosure of this data may be crucial to our ability to safely provide you with the care you require; without your agreement to this process it may not be possible to undertake treatment.
You have access to a copy of your personal data upon written request and the right to have data rectified if incorrect.